Posted by ks6m on 20th August 2013
The ARRL Pacific Division and the Mt. Diablo Amateur Radio Club present:
PACIFICON 2013 – October 11-13, 2013
- The Great West Coast Ham Radio Convention!
- Largest West Coast Vendor Show of Amateur Radio Gear!
- More Than 75 Outstanding Technical Forums!
- Great Swap Meet!
- and much, much more!
Returning to the magnificent Santa Clara venue:
Marriott Santa Clara Hotel
2700 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, California
For Events, Latest Updates and Registration go to
If hotel lodging is needed, make reservations before September 26, 2013, to qualify for the special Pacificon rate of $109/night. You can make reservations on line with the special Pacificon Group Code rate already entered. Or, call the Marriott Hotel Reservations Desk at 1-800-228-9290 and ask for the Pacificon rate.
PACIFICON 2013 Events, Forum Topics, and Exhibits Include:
- Friday All-Day Antenna Seminar
- Friday Evening New Media Elmers and Podcasters
- Saturday Morning Kickoff with Speaker Gordon West
- More Than 75 Outstanding Technical Forums
- Largest West Coast Vendor Show of Amateur Radio Gear
- Saturday Amateur Radio and the Law Seminar
- Great Saturday Swap Meet
- Ham License Exams
- Daily Radio Prize Drawings
- Direction Finding: Fox-Hunting, Beginner and Advanced
- Great QRP Programs
- Amateur Television (ATV/DATV)
- HFpack Activities
- Saturday All-Day Technician License Class
- Working Satellites
- A Full Slate of Youth Projects and Activities
- Kit Building
- Emergency Communications
- Saturday Evening Banquet with Guest Speaker
- Annual ARRL Pacific Division Director’s Forum
- Understanding the Physics of Radio
- Moon Bounce – EME
- Antenna Theory & Construction
Come and Experience the Many Facets of Ham Radio!
Posted in Events, Pacificon, Special Events | Comments Off on You’re Invited! October 11-13: Pacificon
Posted by ks6m on 6th August 2013
A seven-week Thursday-evenings class leading to the FCC Technician-class Amateur Radio license is scheduled to start August 22, 2013.
All classes are from 7-9 pm in the Fireside Room, The Salvation Army, 3950 Clayton Rd. Concord, 94521. The cross street is West St.
If you have friends with an interest in getting the Technician license or taking an upgrade class email: HamRadioClass@gmail.com and an auto reply registration form will be emailed back to you. When you receive the registration form, REPLY, fill out the information and send the reply back. Always include/ADD your FCC call sign if you have one, or otherwise your initials, in the SUBJECT line of the email.
The next General license class has not been scheduled. The next Amateur Extra license class has not been scheduled. BUT if you are interested in upgrading your license, PLEASE email HamRadioClass@gmail.com and let us know. We are doing a count of those interested. PLEASE include your call sign if you have one when sending us an email.
General and Tech classes are held Thursday evenings, while the Extra class will be Wednesdays.
We do not have a one day Ham Cram.
License testing is the 3rd Friday of the month at the Mount Diablo Amateur Radio Club meeting 6 pm at the church on Carol Lane in Lafayette. See http://www.mdarc.org/ for details and exceptions.
Event and class schedules can be found at http://www.saternconcord.org/
73 to all
Richard E Lueck
K6REL & WQKS440
Concord SATERN – Concord EDS – and Concord Canteen event schedules and
times can be found at http://www.saternconcord.org/
Posted in Licensing | Comments Off on Seven-Week Class for the Technician-Class License