(from: http://nccc.cc/40th.html (http://nccc NULL.cc/40th NULL.html))
The Northern California Contest Club is having a party and you’re all invited! This year marks 40 years of excellence in amateur radio contesting for NCCC, and to share our excitement, we’re having a special on-air celebration. It’s the NCCC 40th Anniversary Party — a two week event taking place from September 18 to October 1, 2010, and open to all amateurs worldwide.
During this time period, which includes the NCCC-sponsored Sprints (www.ncccsprint.com (http://www NULL.ncccsprint NULL.com/)) and precedes the California QSO Party (www.cqp.org (http://www NULL.cqp NULL.org/)), NCCC members and club stations will be “on the air” — ready to have a 40th Year QSO with you. To facilitate easier identification during this event, NCCC member stations have been encouraged to add “/40″ to their callsigns, during non-contest periods. In addition there will be a few 1×1 special event callsigns assigned, which will also count as NCCC members stations. A complete list of all eligible NCCC stations and callsigns can be found at: www.nccc.cc/40thcalls.html (http://nccc NULL.cc/40thcalls NULL.html)
To further commemorate this event, NCCC is offering an attractive Certificate to anyone who works at least 40 NCCC member stations during this 40th Birthday Party event.
So please mark your calendars now, and help us celebrate 40 Years of memories in this great hobby. CU On The Air!
Your NCCC 40th Anniversary Committee
1. All amateur radio stations may participate.
2. You can work an NCCC station for credit only once regardless of band and mode (see list here (http://nccc NULL.cc/40thcalls NULL.html))
3. NCCC members are encouraged to add /40 to their call signs for easier identification on-the-air and be as active as possible during this event.
Exact Dates and Time: 0000 UTC September 18 until 2359 UTC October 1, 2010
Bands: All Amateur Radio Bands
Modes: All Modes (CW, Phone, Digital)
Exchange: Recommended (not required):
1. NCCC member stations: RS(T) + California County. This will help you qualify for the NCCC sponsored WACC award.
2. Non-NCCC stations: RS(T) + State. DX stations outside the U.S. and its territories send RS(T) + “DX”.
Note: Stations operating during contest periods send exchange in accordance with contest rules
40th Anniversary Commemorative Certificate:
1. This special certificate is available for making contacts with at least forty (40) NCCC member stations — any band, any mode — during the event period.
2. No RS(T) data other than worked eligible call signs will be required to apply for the award.
3. Apply for the award online at www.nccc.cc/40thaward.html (http://nccc NULL.cc/40thaward NULL.html)
4. Please make sure your entry has been submitted by October 31, 2010.